Part of the University Indoor Rowing Series
Drawing competition from athletes throughout the region and beyond, the North East Indoor Rowing Championships (NEIRC) is a popular event, demonstrating the strength and depth of talent in the North East. The University Indoor Rowing Series provides a great focus for the winter training season. As a BUCS event endorsed by British Rowing at a high-performance centre, it is the perfect opportunity to showcase your talents.
The following categories are on offer:
- – Competition for both open weight men and women
- – Competition for lightweight men and women who weigh in at winter weight, 75kg for lightweight men, 61.5kg for lightweight women. Senior and College Lightweight categories available
- – Competition for athletes who are new to rowing for the 2017/18 season. Raced over 1 000m.
- – Competition for athletes over the age of 27; categories as per British Rowing rules.
- – Competition for those athletes who compete as Adaptive Rowers as per British Rowing rules. Raced over 1 000m.
- – Competition for all Durham University students who wish to represent their college; DCR Pennant Series points available and College Sports Points available.
- – Competition for teams of 6. College sport points will be awarded to Durham College entries.
All categories are offered to male and female athletes, and where applicable open-weight and lightweight athletes.
NEIRC 2017 will take place on 8th November; entries will open on 18 October, at £4 per seat per event, and they will close at 1700 on 6th November. Those entering lightweight categories must weigh in at least one hour before the race time. If you do not make weight, then your times will be counted in the associated heavyweight category. The categories that contribute to the BUCS tables are the Open Heavyweight/Lightweight Men’s/Women’s and Adaptive Men’s/Women’s.
—RELAY CASH PRIZE:—
The format of the relay this year will be teams of 6 racing 4km on one ergo, with a £60 minimum cash prize for winners – enter as many teams as you like; the more teams entered, the greater the prize money will be! Final amount to be announced once entries have closed and payments have been processed. Minimum 5 teams of 6 competing. A free coached tank session will be awarded to the winners, and a non-coached session for the runners-up.
NEIRC 2017 SIGN UP FORM:
Please download the form, complete it and send it back to email@example.com. Please find details for payment attached on the form. N.B. For further clarity when entering the Masters event please put ‘Masters’ followed by your category, for example ‘Masters A’ or ‘Masters B’.
Thank you to all those who have entered this year, it looks to be a good one!
The timetable for racing is outlined in the draw below. The hall will be open from 1300 for registration and warming up; please register for your event no later than 30 minutes before scheduled race time. In accordance with number of entries the prize money has been set at £60 for the women’s relay and £75 for the men’s.
#UIRS #BUCSrowing #GoRowIndoor