Drawing competition from athletes throughout the region and beyond, the North East Indoor Rowing Championships (NEIRC) is a popular event, demonstrating the strength and depth of talent in the North East. This festival of Indoor Rowing provides a great focus for the winter training season. As a BUCS event endorsed by GB Rowing and with a Team GB coaching presence, it is the perfect opportunity to showcase your talents.
The following categories are on offer:
- – Competition for both open weight men and women
- – Competition for lightweight men and women who weigh in at winter weight, 75kg for lightweight men, 61.5kg for lightweight women. Senior and College Lightweight categories available
- – Competition for athletes who are new to rowing for the 2017/18 season
- – Competition for athletes over the age of 27; categories as per British Rowing rules.
- – Competition for those athletes who compete as Adaptive Rowers as per British Rowing rules.
- – Competition for all Durham University students who wish to represent their college; DCR Pennant Series points available and College Sports Points available.
- – Competition for teams of 6. College sport points will be awarded to Durham College entries.
All categories are offered to male and female athletes, and where applicable open-weight and lightweight athletes.
The team event will be a 6km relay on one ergo. Entries for NEIRC 2017 will open on 3 October 2017, at £4 per seat. Those entering lightweight categories must weigh in at least one hour before the race time. If you do not make weight, then your times will be counted in the associated heavyweight category. The categories that contribute to the BUCS tables are the Open Heavyweight/Lightweight Men’s/Women’s and Adaptive Men’s/Women’s.
How to sign up will be posted here in due course.