Drawing competition from athletes throughout the region and beyond, the NEIRC is a popular event, demonstrating the strength and depth of talent in the North East. This festival of Indoor Rowing provides a great focus for the winter training season. As a GB Rowing endorsed event and with a Team GB coaching presence, it is the perfect opportunity to display the fruits of your labour. Top competition and a lively atmosphere make this event one that should not be missed!
All categories are offered to male and female athletes, and where applicable open-weight and lightweight athletes.
The following categories are on offer:
- Senior– Competition for both open weight men and women.
- Lightweight – Competition for lightweight men and women who weigh in at winter weight, 75kg for lightweight men, 61.5kg for lightweight women. SENIOR and COLLEGE Lightweight categories available
- Fresher– Competition for athletes who are new to rowing for the 2015/16 season
- Master- Competition for athletes over the age of 27, with age categories being the same as the ones listed in the FISA rules.
- Adaptive– Competition for those athletes who compete as Adaptive Rowers according to the British Rowing rules
- College – Competition for all Durham University students who wish to represent their college; DCR Pennant Series points available and College Sports Points available
- Team Event – Teams of 6. College sport points will be awarded to Durham College entries.
The team event will be a 6km relay on one ergo. Entries for NEIRC 2016 are now open, they are £5 per seat. Those entering lightweight categories must weigh in at least one hour before the race time. If you do not make weight, then your times will be counted in the associated heavyweight category. The categories that contribute to the BUCS tables are the Open Heavyweight/Lightweight Men’s/Women’s and Adaptive Men’s/Women’s.
Please click here to sign up for the event.