NEIRC 2019 RESULTS:
Well done to everyone who competed! Free photos are available on the Club’s Facebook page.
Part of the University Indoor Rowing Series
RACE TIMETABLE FOR NEIRC 2019
Women’s Beginner Category
14:00 – 14:30
Men’s Beginner Category
14:30 – 14:50
Open and Lightweight Women
15:15 – 15:30
Open, lightweight and Master’s Men
15:30 – 16:00
Drawing competition from athletes throughout the region and beyond, the North East Indoor Rowing Championships (NEIRC) is a popular event, demonstrating the strength and depth of talent in the North East. The University Indoor Rowing Series provides a great focus for the winter training season. As a BUCS event endorsed by British Rowing at a high-performance centre, it is the perfect opportunity to showcase your talents.
The following categories are on offer:
- – Competition for both open weight men and women
- – Competition for lightweight men and women who weigh in at winter weight, 75kg for lightweight men, 61.5kg for lightweight women. Senior and College Lightweight categories available
- – Competition for athletes who are new to rowing for the 2019/20 season. Raced over 1 000m.
- – Competition for athletes over the age of 27; categories as per British Rowing rules.
- – Competition for those athletes who compete as Adaptive Rowers as per British Rowing rules. Raced over 1 000m.
- – Competition for all Durham University students who wish to represent their college; DCR Pennant Series points available and College Sports Points available.
- – Competition for teams of 6. College sport points will be awarded to Durham College entries.
All categories are offered to male and female athletes, and where applicable open-weight and lightweight athletes.
NEIRC 2019 will take place on Wednesday 6th November at the Graham Sports Centre at Maiden Castle, Durham. Those entering lightweight categories must weigh in at least one hour before the race time. If you do not make weight, your times will be counted in the associated heavyweight category. The categories that contribute to the BUCS tables are the Open Heavyweight/Lightweight Men’s/Women’s and Adaptive Men’s/Women’s.
NEIRC 2019 SIGN UP FORM:
To enter, please download the form, complete it and send it back by e-mail to email@example.com. Please find details for payment attached on the form. N.B. For further clarity when entering the Masters event please put ‘Masters’ followed by your category, for example ‘Masters A’ or ‘Masters B’.
#UIRS #BUCSrowing #GoRowIndoor