This Summer, five athletes have been selected to represent GB at this summer’s U23 World Rowing Championships in Amsterdam. Following a gruelling series of trials through the year, the initial 195 men and women who raced in Boston in October has been whittled down to a squad comprising of 31 men, 15 women and 3 coxes. The Durham athletes are:
- Char Jackson is coxing the Women’s Eight, the only women’s sweep boat this year.
- The Men’s Coxed Four is being coxed by Franz Imfeld.
- Stewart Innes is racing in the Men’s Heavy Quad.
- Leaver, Sarah Cowburn is racing with Rachel Gamble-Flint in the Women’s Double.
- Phil Congdon, having started rowing in his first year has made it into the Men’s Coxed Four, after only four years in the sport.
A full press release and crew lists can be found on the GB Rowing Team website: www.britishrowing.org
The U23’s this year are being held in Amsterdam and all races can be watched live on the FISA website: www.worldrowing.com
All the details about the timetable and draw will be on their. For more information you can also see the Event Website on: www.amsterdamrowing.com