Durham University and DUBC invite you to join us once again as we host the annual North East Indoor Rowing Championships
*Results can now be found on the right*
Drawing competition from athletes throughout the region and beyond, the NEIRC is a popular event, demonstrating the strength and depth of talent in the North East. This festival of Indoor Rowing provides a great focus for the winter training season. As a GB Rowing endorsed event and with a Team GB coaching presence, it is the perfect opportunity to display the fruits of your labour. Top competition and a lively atmosphere make this event one that should not be missed!
The North East Indoor Rowing Championships 2013 will be held at the Graham Sports Centre, in Durham on Wednesday 27th November, with racing commencing at 12 noon. All University entry races form part of the BUCS Indoor Rowing Championships, for which BUCS points will be awarded to successful competitors. Entry is charged at £5 per person per event. No entry will be accepted after Midnight, Friday 22rd November.
In the wake of a majestic summer of Olympic rowing, all categories are offered to male and female athletes, and where applicable open-weight and lightweight athletes. The following categories are on offer:
- Senior – Competition for both open weight men and women
- Lightweight – Competition for lightweight men and women who weigh in at winter weight, 75kg for lightweight men, 61.5kg for lightweight women. SENIOR and COLLEGE Lightweight categories available
- Fresher – Competition for athletes who are new to rowing for the 2013/14 season
- Adaptive – Competition for those athletes who compete as Adaptive Rowers according to the British Rowing rules
- College – Competition for all Durham University students who wish to represent their college, DCR Pennant Series points available and NEW FOR 2013 College Sports Points available
- Team Event - Teams of 4. College sport points will be awarded to Durham College entries. The team event will be a 3km row between 4 connected ergs. Each athlete will contribute to the 3km
If you wish to enter, please take the following steps
UNIVERSITY ENTRY: Please send entries in using the ‘NEIRC 2013 Individual Entry Form’ form on the right, entries must be received no later than Friday 22rd November.
ALL OTHER ENTRIES: Please use the entry form to the right, you may send entries via post, to arrive no later than Friday 22rd November. If you wish to enter via email, please send to email@example.com no later than Friday 22rd November.
Payment is accepted by cheque, payable to ‘Durham University Boat Club’ to be sent before the entries close, payment may also be made by internet transfer upon the request of the details from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the Download on the right for more information and entry forms
YOUR ENTRY WILL BE CONFIRMED ONCE PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED