Durham University and DUBC invite you to join us once again as we host the annual North East Indoor Rowing Championships
Drawing competition from athletes throughout the region and beyond, the NEIRC is a popular event, demonstrating the strength and depth of talent in the North East. This festival of Indoor Rowing provides a great focus for the winter training season. As a GB Rowing endorsed event and with a Team GB coaching presence, it is the perfect opportunity to display the fruits of your labour. Top competition and a lively atmosphere make this event one that should not be missed!
The North East Indoor Rowing Championships 2012 will be held at the Graham Sports Centre, in Durham on Wednesday 28th November, with racing commencing at 10:45am. All University entry races form part of the BUCS Indoor Rowing Championships, for which BUCS points will be awarded to successful competitors. Entry is charged at £5 per person per event. No entry will be accepted after Midnight, Friday 23rd November.
In the wake of a majestic summer of Olympic rowing, all categories are offered to male and female athletes, and where applicable open-weight and lightweight athletes. The following categories are on offer:
- University – Competition for all current university students, BUCS points to be awarded to placed athletes
- Open – Competition offered to athletes from all non-academic clubs
- Veteran – Competition based on the Concept2 handicap system
- Adaptive – Competition for those athletes who compete as Adaptive Rowers according to the British Rowing rules
- College – Competition for all Durham University students who wish to represent their college, DCR Pennant Series points available
- Team Challenge – 3000m in teams of four, open to Durham University College Novices and Seniors and Open competitors
If you wish to enter, please take the following steps
UNIVERSITY ENTRY: Please send entries in using the ‘NEIRC Entry for BUCS’ form on the right, entries must be received no later than Friday 23rd November.
ALL OTHER ENTRIES: Please use the entry form to the right, you may send entries via post, to arrive no later than Friday 23rd November. If you wish to enter via email, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 23rd November.
Payment is accepted by cheque, payable to ‘Durham University Boat Club’ to be sent before the entries close, payment may also be made by internet transfer upon the request of the details from email@example.com
Please see the Download on the right for more information and entry forms
YOUR ENTRY WILL BE CONFIRMED ONCE PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED